Horizons Edge Grand Opening Celebration Scheduled for Saturday, January 18, 2020
The Edge opening its doors to the Shenandoah Valley
Horizons Edge (“The Edge”), a sports and “active entertainment” campus, will hold its grand opening Saturday, January 18 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm in Harrisonburg, VA.
Conveniently located on a 50-acre campus at 325 Cornerstone Lane, the 90,000 sq. ft. complex offers a combination of sports, youth programming and services, lifestyle, hospitality, and active entertainment experiences.
The grand opening celebration is open to the public and is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am with a showcase of several festivities:
- Tour of the broad array of sports and other activities
- Exhibitions and food prepared by Horizons Edge Chef Michael Collins
- Exciting youth activities
- Official ribbon cutting at noon
- Fun activities for the adults in the afternoon, hosted by John Hall, Horizons Edge’s Founder.
“We’re excited about the opportunity Horizons Edge has to be a positive impact on our community with of our sports venues and programming,” said John Hall, founder of Horizons Edge. “We’re delivering on the promise of providing a new experience for sports and active lifestyle enthusiasts in the Valley.”
The morning activities will begin at 9:00 am and run through noon, which will highlight Shenandoah Valley United, Harrisonburg Hornets, and Horizons Edge Volleyball Club, local youth soccer, basketball, and volleyball clubs managed by The Edge. Activities will include “open play” and skills competitions for youth who would like to score a goal on our indoor turf, make a basket from our maple wood courts, or serve an ace on our volleyball courts.
The day’s featured moment, the ribbon cutting will begin at noon and will include appearances by Harrisonburg and Rockingham County Government Representatives, Parks & Recreations Departments. The guests will be joined by John Hall, and Horizons Edge investors and stakeholders.
The afternoon festivities will begin at 1:00 pm and go through 4:00 pm with “open play” for adult indoor soccer, basketball and volleyball along with skills competitions for all three sports.
About the Edge
The Edge will provide a combination of sports venues, coaching, instruction, and development-focused programming designed to enable athletes of all ages and skill levels to pursue a variety of sports from indoor soccer, basketball, and volleyball, to football, lacrosse, outdoor soccer, field hockey, and more:
- Field House with a 67 yd. by 33 yd. indoor turf field with 27-foot roof clearances for all turf sports
- Court House with four full-length regulation basketball courts that convert into six volleyball courts
- Hitting House with four batting cages and pitching machines for baseball and softball that converts into a multipurpose training venue
- Climbing Wall with three stories and 1,600 square foot of dynamic climbing experience
- A 130 yd. by 75 yd. lighted, outdoor artificial turf field to be open this Winter and to be accompanied by two grass fields schedule to available for play in the Fall of 2020
Some of the entertainment and hospitality experiences offered at The Edge include:
- A separate 2,500 sq. ft. dining hall that seats up to 150 people, with a full-service kitchen equipped to serve thousands for special events
- Outdoor Amphitheatre that will host amazing music events to open in the Summer of 2020
- A Market Café providing healthy and delicious cuisine with seating/viewing on our balcony overlooking our outdoor fields and the Blue Ridge mountains, with the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains
The Edge is aiming to transform how people of all ages learn to play and love sports, training to improve their games, take care of their bodies, and enjoy themselves while doing so,” said General Manager. “We’re excited to welcome the entire Shenandoah Valley to experience all The Edge has to offer on Saturday, January 18.”
Horizons Edge is also excited to complement its youth sports offerings with overnight camp programs that include dorm rooms and cottages that sleep up to 150 campers. Overnight camps will begin with multi-activity Spring Break camps and a full array of sport-specific camps offered throughout the Summer of 2020.
Horizons Edge is excited to open its doors and welcome to community to the grand opening on January 18th, 2020. For more information about Horizons Edge, you can go to www.HorizonsEdgeva.com or call 540-340-3343.