Current Update On Horizons Edge Facility
We are happy to announce that with the states’ announcement of phase 3, Horizons Edge is prepared to begin leagues and tournaments! We are so excited to be able to bring sports back to the Valley. We have been working hard to prepare our campus for a safe and healthy environment. We will require all visitors to wear a face mask while inside The Edge. Children under the age of 10 are not required to wear a mask. The only time you may not wear a mask is when you are playing, coaching, reffing or eating. We appreciate your understanding and compliance.
We have resumed our normal working (daily 8 am – 10 pm) and business hours (daily 9 am – 6 pm). Reservations for rentals are also available with a 24-hour notice. Our Clip n’ Climb wall is also now open with new hours. Click here to view the hours and make a reservation.
We are all in this together – and together we are stronger!
Horizons Edge is proud to be a partner to our community as we all come back stronger than ever. We know there are many in our area hurting and experiencing hardships. We are committed to providing a safe, clean, positive environment to help you and your family come and enjoy the activities you love the most.
What restrictions will be in place?
- Outdoor playing fields and surfaces will be open for limited use with distancing requirements that include:
- Guests are encouraged to bring in their own chairs
- Social distancing of families watching games must be 6 feet apart, cones or other markers will be used to help communicate spacing
- Indoor facilities will reduce capacity to allow guest to adhere to recommended social distancing guidelines
- We’re taking necessary precautions to ensure proper distancing
- Capacity reductions will change as government guidance is updated
- Activities that do not adhere to government guidance will not be allowed
- We will be monitoring social distancing and guests not complying will be reminded to practice distancing. In the event guests will not comply with social distancing practices, they may be asked to leave the premises
What is happening to enhance the safety and cleanliness of Horizons Edge?
- Team Members
- Team members are screened prior to each shift to ensure they do not currently have virus symptoms and have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- We require all employees to report any illness to a supervisor
- We require notification of any COVID-19 positive cases in a team members household
- We will provide personal protective equipment including masks to all team members, and training on how to use it, based on CDC guidelines
- Our team members are provided sanitizing stations, such as a wash basin with soap and/or bottle of hand sanitizer
- We prohibit congregating of 10 or more team members in break rooms or common areas and limit the capacity of such areas to allow for safe social distancing
- Food Service Areas
- Horizons Edge has incorporated CDC recommendations, OSHA and local Health Department standards, and industry best practices into operating guidelines for our staff to follow
- We have extensive cleaning standards in place for our food preparation and public seating areas
- Sanitize chairs, especially where contact occurs
- Kitchens are cleaned with sanitizing solutions daily
- When preparing food, team members are required to wash their hands more frequently, not less than once every 30 minutes
- We are following government guidelines for food area social distancing and seating capacity
- Additional Cleaning/Safety Standards
- Restrooms are cleaned with sanitizing solutions several times a day
- Indoor restrooms will be accessible with a reduced capacity
- We have temporarily closed every other urinal in men’s restrooms
- We have placed signage throughout Horizons Edge encouraging distancing, hand washing, and other safe practices
- We will be continuously monitoring and improving our operations for the safety of our athletes, spectators, and team members
- We are committed to communicating with coaches, event owners, participants, vendors, and other visitors to the facility our guidelines and requesting everyone work together to keep us all safer
- We are providing hand sanitizer in high traffic areas
- What process can Athletes, Participants, Spectators, and other Guests to Horizons Edge expect for entry?
- Horizons Edge may have a reduced capacity for occupancy, to allow for appropriate social distancing
- In some cases, advance reservations will be needed to reduce the need to turn people away at the entrance. Please visit our HorizonsEdgeVA.com or call 540.340.3343 for updates and space availability
- Signage will be posted at the entrance asking/informing guests the following:
- Have you had exposure to COVID 19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced:
- Cough or shortness of breath?
- loss of taste or smell?
- You are at an increased risk for COVID-19 if you are:
- 65 years or older, have underlying lung/asthma conditions, have heart complications, suffer from diabetes, liver disease, severe obesity, or are otherwise immune-compromised
- Your health is your responsibility
- We reserve the right to institute further COVID-19 screening to ensure guests are not endangering others.
- Any Guest who has had symptoms or exposure will not be allowed in Horizons Edge.
- If an asymptomatic/exposed guest is a driver for another guest, they will be asked to wait in their closed vehicle until their passenger’s activities are completed.
- Guests will be invited to use hand sanitizer stations upon entry and exit of the building. Sanitizing stations will be provided near the main entrances.
What’s your plan if someone attending has tested positive for COVID-19?
We are communicating with event owners, partner organizations, renters, and those who register online, that anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 is not allowed to enter Horizons Edge until they have been released by their doctor and diagnosed as “recovered.”
Anyone who is presenting symptoms of illness, or answers screening questions upon entry in a way that gives us concern, will not be admitted to Horizons Edge, as a way of protecting every other guest at the venue, and preventing exposures and spread.
Will you be testing players from out of state?
In most states, out of state travel will not occur until a later phase of reopening. At that time, Horizons Edge will work with event organizers to institute standards above and beyond the minimum requirements to promote participant and guest safety.